USA for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, Refugee Congress and Welcoming America have partnered to create a pilot grant opportunity to support community leaders who have personally experienced forced displacement and are now living in Louisiana, Oklahoma or Texas.
Donor Name: USA for UNHCR
State: Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas
County: All Counties
Parish: All Parishes
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $10,000
Refugee leaders working in the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- those building new collaborations among refugees, neighbors and organizations;
- those utilizing creative approaches to showcase community innovation and ingenuity; and
- those looking to scale and grow community impact from existing smaller effort initiatives.
Refugee leaders awarded grants will receive project support of up to $10,000 and personal honoraria of up to $2,500.
This grant seeks applicants who are leaders in their communities and are working to create awareness, understanding and community for people who have experienced forced displacement.
- Location: Individuals living in and completing projects in Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas and who have personally experienced forced displacement are eligible to apply. They hope to expand geographically in subsequent years.
- Individual Focused: At this time, individuals over the age of 18 and groups of fewer than three are eligible to apply. Applications from organizations such as 501(c)3 non-profits or LLC corporations are not eligible. Individuals who work for an organization but are submitting a project unassociated with that organization are eligible.
- Eligibility Status: Eligible applicants must have personally experienced forced displacement. Those with lived experience as a refugee, asylum seeker, or were previously an internally displaced person, are/were stateless or arrived in the U.S. through a special immigrant visa or humanitarian parole are encouraged to apply.
- Projects: This initiative aims to support community building and integration among those who have experienced forced displacement. Projects that provide direct services (food provisions, clothing drives, etc.) are not eligible at this time. Projects are expected to be completed in 2024.
For more information, visit USA for UNHCR.