The Choice Bank Child Care Grant program provides financial assistance to rural child care facilities in North Dakota so they can continue providing their community with care and education for the children.
Donor Name: Choice Bank
State: North Dakota
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $75 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
The Choice Bank Child Care Grant Program is meant to support three primary areas of need:
- Start-Up Costs: Establishing new child care facilities
- Replacement/Expansion Costs: Expanding new or existing facilities, purchasing new or replacing/ repairing equipment, fixtures, etc
- One-Time Operating Expenses Training for staff, one-time hiring bonuses, one-time contributions to employee HSA’s, etc.
The Choice Bank encourages licensed child care providers to utilize this grant opportunity to support their facility’s start-up costs, replacement or expansion costs, and one-time operating expenses.
You may apply for grants in the amount of $75 to $10,000.
The grant period is for 12 months from the date of notification.
Possible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Costs associated with starting a new child care facility
- New equipment, materials, purchase(s)
- Facility renovations
- Hiring bonuses
- Other hiring expenses
- Be licensed by the state of North Dakota. New facilities must have a pending application.
- New facilities must be prepared to open within 6 months.
- Choice Child Care Grants are available to licensed childcare facilities located communities with a population of less than 10,000 in the following counties: Burleigh, Cass, Cavalier, Dickey, Grand Forks, Kidder, LaMoure, Mercer, Pembina, Stark, Stutsman, and Walsh.
- Demonstrate general fiscal responsibility and agree to use the grant funds to further the quality of care provided to its children and families served. Facilities must be in good financial standing with no tax liens, judgments, etc.
- Funds may be used for reimbursement of a prior completed project (completed within the calendar year of your application) or can be used to pay for a planned project to take place no later than 12 months after your grant is awarded.
- Submit a complete and accurate application providing all requested information by the stated deadline
- For larger project needs, 501c3 organizations may be eligible for additional low-rate financing through Choice Bank, with payment assistance provided through the Child Care Program
- Preference will be given to facilities that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Facility serves families that qualify for a Child Care Assistance Program
- Facilities that are on a Food Program
- Facilities that have tax-exempt status Tax-Exempt
- Facilities increasing their enrollment capacity
- Start-up/New Facilities.
For more information, visit Choice Bank.