Donor Name: Women’s Business Development Council
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $25,000
Grant funds will be awarded to eligible businesses operating for at least 2 years with enrolled children that are: seeking to increase licensed capacity or meaningfully increase enrollment at their existing location; open a new location; grow from family home to group home, or group home to center; or create new revenue streams for the business outside of additional enrollment. Grants will be awarded for applications that will have a measurable impact on the business, its growth and profitability.
They will be offering cash grants of up to $25,000 to support OEC-licensed family homes (DCFH), group homes (DCGH), and centers (DCCC) in financial need with their expansion goals.
- In business as an OEC-licensed family home, group, or center with enrolled children for at least 2 years as of October 1, 2022
- Have a minimum of 75% of licensed capacity enrolled as of October 1, 2022, including school age children OR
- Current enrollment at 75% of adjusted licensed capacity based on business model
- (For instance, a Family Home with licensed capacity of 9 that never takes school-age children would calculate their enrollment based on 6 regular age — e.g., 5 currently enrolled / 6 adjusted capacity = 83% enrollment)
- In good standing with the CT Department of Revenue Services (DRS) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Have an established business banking relationship
- Have a formal, digital bookkeeping/financial system (e.g., QuickBooks or ProCare)
- Have a demonstrable financial need
- Those that meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, the following businesses are NOT eligible:
- Businesses not actively licensed by the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood (OEC) as a family home (DCFH), group home (DCGH), or center (DCCC), and businesses without children currently enrolled.
- Businesses that were awarded a WBDC Emergency Grant, Emergency Facilities Grant, Expansion Grant or Equity Match Grant in the last 6 months (since April 2022).
- If your business is outside the child care industry and based in Connecticut, WBDC has other grant programs. They encourage you to schedule an appointment with a WBDC Business Advisor or participate in one of their classes to learn more.
For more information, visit WBDC.