Eligible small businesses can apply to The Entrepreneurial Spirit Fund by SIA Scotch.
Donor Name: SIA Scotch
State: Selected States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000
SIA Scotch Whisky is pledging an additional $110,000 to support entrepreneurs of color in the food and beverage industry.
Eleven recipients will each receive a $10,000 grant plus mentorship with Carin Luna-Ostaseski, the founder of SIA Scotch Whisky and a first-generation Cuban American who overcame a myriad of challenges during her entrepreneurship journey.
- Eligible businesses must:
- Be owned 51%+ by person(s) of color
- Be a for-profit business producing less than $5M in annual revenue
- Operate and/or conduct business in at least one of the following states: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, NJ, NV, NY, RI and/or TX
- NOT be an alcohol beverage retail license holder (such as a bar, restaurant, hotel or store which sells or serves alcohol) or a business which makes alcohol
- Eligible applicants must:
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Be at least 25 years or older as of November 1, 2022
- Be the owner or an individual who is legally authorized to bind the Business for purposes of participation in the Program
- NOT have ownership interest and/or be invested in an alcohol beverage retail license holder (such as a business or establishment which owns a license to make, sell or serve alcohol)
- NOT be an employee of a retail license holder (such as a bartender or waiter)
Preference will be given to businesses in the food and beverage industry, such as those who offer products and services across kitchenware, glassware, barware, cocktail mixers, at-home entertaining/party planning, food trucks, cafes, food and beverage blogs, recipe curation, and more.
For more information, visit SIA Scotch.