Starburst Aerospace, the leading global Aerospace and Defense (A&D) startup accelerator and strategic advisory practice, and Aerospace Futures Alliance (AFA), Washington state’s trade association for aerospace companies and communities, have joined in an official partnership to launch the Sustainable Aviation Technologies and Energies (SATE) Accelerator, as a part of the SATE Cluster.
Donor Name: Starburst Aerospace
Counties: All Counties
Type of Grant: Accelerator
Federally-funded through a Department of Commerce Innovation Cluster Accelerator (ICAP) program awarded to AFA, the SATE Cluster will lead and encourage the research, development, and deployment of sustainable aviation fuels and electrified and hydrogen-powered aviation.
Powered by Starburst Aerospace, the SATE Accelerator is an early-stage startup accelerator program that is designed to identify and advance the development of innovative sustainable aviation and energy technologies, products, and solutions that will help advance the sector such as Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAFs), Advanced Aerodynamics, Hydrogen, Electric, AI Tools for Operational Efficiencies, Propulsion Systems, etc.
The full decarbonization of the aviation economy requires a robust and mature ecosystem with stakeholders from across the industry supporting one another. By supporting new business creation and attracting diverse new talent to the region, the SATE Accelerator will further establish Washington as the leading sustainable aviation innovation hub in the US.
Starburst will support the development of programs that accelerate emerging and disruptive technological solutions with strong commercial potential to support new business creation and attract diverse innovators and businesses to relocate to the Washington region. By leveraging Starburst’s extensive network and industry insights, the Hub will be able to focus on solutions that provide significant impact for end users, driving economic growth and workforce development. There are no costs to apply or join, and startups that are chosen for the program will not have equity taken.
Benefits for Startups:
- To be a part of the WA state ecosystem
- To have access to the SATE Cluster, which will lead the research, development, and deployment of sustainable aviation fuels, electrified and hydrogen-powered aviation
- To receive access to commercialization gap funding sources
- Facilitated introductions to industry experts, investors, SATE Advisory Committee Members, and local technology associations
- Support with building and optimizing your pitch deck
- Pitching to a network of investors, customers, and industry professionals on Demo Day
- Explore the aviation ecosystem through dedicated workshops provided by Starburst and AFA
- Meetings & networking with decision makers from key public & private initiatives
- Exposure to venture capital and angel investors with a focus on early-stage startups
Eligible companies must be currently based in the state of Washington or planning to expand their operations to the area.
For more information, visit Starburst Aerospace.