The Google for Startups Black Founders Fund provides $150,000 cash awards without giving up equity in return and hands-on support to help Black entrepreneurs build and grow their businesses in the US.
Donor Name: Google for Startups
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $150,000
The Google for Startups Black and Latino Founders Funds provide cash funding (no equity taken) to promising early-stage tech founders in the US. In addition to non-dilutive capital and $100K in Google Cloud credits, recipients will also receive hands-on mentorship and support across the company, as well as access to mental health therapy. Since 2020, they’ve invested $20M in cash funding to founders who have gone on to raise $140M in follow-on funding.
The goal of these funds is to increase economic opportunity for promising Black and Latino startup founders in the US. They hope this funding and support can catalyze the growth of Black-led and Latino-led startups, foster innovative solutions to tough problems, and ultimately generate wealth for their communities.
Cash Award: $150,000
- Startups are eligible if they are based in the US, have raised less than $5M at the time of application, have a full-time founder/cofounder who identifies as Black or Hispanic/Latino (30% or more of the business must be Black/Latinx-owned at the time of application), are post-revenue, and demonstrate traction (sales, monthly active users, beta sign-ups, revenue).
- You will not be considered if:
- Your application is missing required information.
- You do not have a full-time founder or cofounder who identifies as Black or Hispanic/Latino
- Startup is pre-revenue
- They cannot view your video
- They cannot access your pitch.
For more information, visit Google for Startups.