The Town of Prescott Valley has allocated $500,000 to the Exterior Enhancement Grant program. Eligible small business owners may receive a one-time grant of up to $25,000 (actual award amount dependent on documented revenue loss) to enhance the business’ outdoor spaces for COVID-19 mitigation (such as installing or expanding a restaurant patio area) or improve the built environment of the neighborhood (such as building façade improvements).
Donor Name: Town of Prescott Valley
Town: Prescott Valley
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/29/2022
Size of the Grant: $25,000
The purpose of these funds is to assist in revitalizing the area to help combat the negative effects of the pandemic. Grant recipients will be required to provide post-award information regarding the expected outcomes to measure program success.
Revenue decrease and award maximum table:
- Up to $5,000
- Up to $10,000
- Up to $15,000
- Up to $20,000
- Up to $25,000
- Exterior Painting
- Façade Repair or Improvement
- Awnings and Canopies
- Fascia, Trim, Metal Work, or Other Affixed Decorative Elements
- Fabricated Signage
- Patio Expansions, Installation, or Repairs
- Landscaping or Other Outdoor Enhancements
To qualify for the grant, the for-profit small business must:
- Be a privately held business located in the Town of Prescott Valley with a valid business license.
- Be an active and operational business providing products or services to Town of Prescott Valley residents at the time of application submission.
- Have no more than 50 employees as of July 1, 2021.
- Be in good legal standing with no court-ordered financial obligations (e.g. no enforceable judgements, liens, bankruptcies, arbitration settlements requiring withholding of funds, felony convictions, violation of court orders requiring holding of funds for child support, court costs or criminal victim reimbursement programs).
- Be operating in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws with no open code violations within the Town of Prescott Valley.
- Utilize the awarded grant dollars to cover eligible enhancements to the business’ outdoor space. All enhancements must comply with applicable zoning and permitting regulations.
- Document the reduction of revenue attributed to the pandemic.
- Retain relevant records documenting expenditure of the awarded funds for a period of six years and produce documents at the request of the Town of Prescott Valley.
To apply for the Exterior Enhancement Grant Program, the following documentation will be required:
- A current Town of Prescott Valley business license.
- Documentation showing the number of employees as of July 1, 2021, which may include a payroll journal, quarterly tax documentation or other applicable documentation demonstrating the number of employees on July 1, 2021.
- Documentation showing the reduction of revenue attributed to the pandemic, which may include Transaction Privilege Tax Returns, business tax returns, or other applicable documentation demonstrating the reduction of revenue from calendar year 2019 to 2020.
- A current W-9.
- Description of the enhancements or improvements to the property including:
- explanation of how the project will enhance the business’ outdoor spaces for COVID-19 mitigation or improve the built environment of the neighborhood,
- estimated project start and completion date,
- design drawings,
- itemized cost estimate for the project,
- landlord consent form (if applicable).
For more information, visit Exterior Enhancement Grant.