The Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator grant program provides creative entrepreneurs with small business consulting and up to $2,000 in critical financial resources to grow businesses and revenue.
Donor Name: Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
Counties: Allegheny County (PA), Beaver County (PA), Greene County (PA), Washington County (PA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $500 to $2,000
The purpose of this program is to support Pennsylvania’s creative entrepreneurs as they grow their business, audience, and revenue. This program will invest in socially or economically disadvantaged creative entrepreneurs. By doing so, the program will advance the PCA’s priorities of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As part of their new community-centered strategic plan, the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA) has launched a new program to help creative entrepreneurs grow their businesses and revenue. This program will advance the PCA’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion by prioritizing investment in socially or economically disadvantaged creative entrepreneurs and those who are located in, and whose work benefits low-income communities.
Fifty-one percent of the funds available for distribution in this program will be reserved for Black, Indigenous, or persons of color (BIPOC), or economically disadvantaged creative entrepreneurs and those who are located in and whose work benefits low-income communities. Low-income communities will be identified using the Small Business Administration’s low-income communities map. Nonprofit businesses will not be able to receive support through the Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator grant.
Grant amounts range from $500 to $2,000.
This grant program offers $500 to $2,000 in support of creative entrepreneurs starting a business or currently operating a micro-business with gross revenue less than $200,000 in Allegheny, Beaver, Greene, and Washington counties. Eligible applicants must participate in creative fields such as marketing, architecture, visual arts, crafts, design, film and media, digital games, music, entertainment, publishing, or a similar creative field.
Creative entrepreneurs are eligible to apply for the Creative Entrepreneurs Accelerator Program once every three years. Non-profit organizations are not eligible for funds through this program.
- Be 18 years of age or older and live in Allegheny, Beaver, Greene, or Washington counties.
- Manage a business with gross revenue of less than $200,000 or intend to form or operate a business in Pennsylvania.
- Operate in one or more of the following creative industries:
- Marketing – Advertising and marketing agencies and professionals.
- Architecture – Architecture firms and architects.
- Visual Arts & Crafts – Galleries, artists, artisans, and makers.
- Design – Product, interior, graphic, and fashion design firms and designers.
- Film & Media – Film, video, animation, television, and radio businesses.
- Digital Games – Companies, programmers, and individuals producing games.
- Music & Entertainment – Producers, venues, musicians, and performers.
- Publishing – Print or electronic businesses and content creators, editors, and writers.
For more information, visit Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator.