The City of Palmdale is inviting applications for its Small Business Assistance Grant Program 2023.
Donor Name: City of Palmdale
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $7,000
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to stress small businesses in various different aspects of business operations. The City will be utilizing funds to extend the assistance to their local businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19, through the Small Business Assistance Grant program (SBAG). The funds shall be used to provide support to eligible businesses for payroll, rent, personal protective equipment, and other costs required to resume or expand business operations.
As a general principal, SBAG funding will only be provided in cases where it can be reasonably determined and documented that the applicant business has been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. All grant payments will be made as reimbursements for actual costs. The business will be required to submit appropriate documentation to confirm eligibility for the relevant program and to receive grant payments.
Small Business grants can be used for the following purposes:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for business operation
- Business services or investments to maintain or increase capacity to carryout business activities (e.g. Point of Sale system, website development, etc.)
The SBAG program will provide grants up to $7,000.00 to small businesses that were adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible to apply for the Small Business Assistance Grant, a business must meet all of the following criteria:
- The business must be a for-profit business physically located in Palmdale
- The business must be located in a commercial or industrial space
- The business must have an active Palmdale business license
- Business must have been opened on or before February 29, 2020
- As of March 2020, the business must have had five-hundred (500) or less employees
- The business must be in good standing with the City (current on bills, no liens, or judgments, etc.), unless directly correlated to COVID-19 impacts
- The business must have been negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Owner is 18 years or older
- Business has a valid federal employer identification number
- Business has a bank account
- Business is not subject to City Conflict of Interest Code
- The business must submit the application, and all required supporting documentation.
Businesses that have previously received alternative sources of funding such as the Palmdale Small Business Grant, the Economic Injury Disaster loan (EIDL), or Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan are eligible to apply provided the business also meets the criteria above.
For more information, visit City of Palmdale.