City of Covington has announced a Facade Improvement Program to award funding to projects that support small business growth, create jobs, leverage private investment, and will be catalytic for their community.
Donor Name: City of Covington
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/31/2021
Grant Size: $6,000
The Small Business Program is designed to stimulate the establishment of new Covington businesses and help existing Covington businesses expand.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered eligible to receive a façade incentive under the Small Business Program:
- Applicant must own a commercial property located within the City of Covington to apply for the Façade Improvement Program.
- One façade incentive per parcel (PIDN) is eligible.
- The proposed facade improvements must be consistent with city’s historic design guidelines and be approved by the City’s Historic Preservation Specialist, even if the building is not historic or within a Historic Preservation Overlay.
- The property owner must be properly licensed to operate within the City of Covington, KY, Kenton County and Commonwealth of Kentucky, and the property must meet all City of Covington zoning requirements, and meet all local and state building and health code requirements where applicable.
- The property owner must at all times be in compliance with City of Covington Good Standing Ordinance. Pursuant to City of Covington Code of Ordinances § 35.003, applicants and affiliated persons and/or entities for this program must not have made or filed pending adverse claims against the City in the form of settlement demands and/or lawsuits; nor shall they be delinquent on their obligations to pay loans, fines, liens, or other obligations owed to the City.
- In accordance with the City of Covington’s Code of Ordinances Human Rights Commission requirements, § 32.040 et. seq., the Business shall not discriminate on the basis of any protected class, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, parental status, familial status, place of birth, disability, or natural texture, color of hair, hair styles, or protective hair styles (including, but not limited to braids, locks, twists, and coverings).
For more information, visit City of Covington.