Calling all impact-oriented companies, social enterprises, non-profits, universities, and innovators that seek to strengthen Raleigh’s thriving innovation ecosystem. The City of Raleigh’s new Office of Strategy and Innovation is proud to announce the Request for Proposals for the spring 2023 Impact Partner Grants.
Donor Name: City of Raleigh
State: North Carolina
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $15,000 to $20,000
Impact Partner Grants provide funding to organizations that help underrepresented innovators, entrepreneurs, and small businesses start, stay, and grow in Raleigh. The grants are a crucial to the Office of Strategy & Innovation’s vision to foster inclusive innovation and achieve the seemingly impossible.
The city is looking for innovation ecosystem partners – including startups, non-profits, social enterprises, and universities – with bold new initiatives to enhance the lives of others.
The goals for the Impact Partner Grant are to:
- Support business initiatives advancing innovative economic development strategies that align with the City of Raleigh’s Strategic Plan
- Promote collaboration among stakeholders serving the City of Raleigh
- Connect businesses with additional resources and funding opportunities to support growth
Each organization may request $15,000 to $20,000.
Eligible sectors targeted by the program include:
- Technology and Internet of Things (iOT)
- Consumer Packaged Goods and Products
- Design and Creative Industries
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals
- Social Impact and Social Innovation
- Workforce Development
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Transportation and Logistics
- Retail and retail-related services
- Non-Profit Corporations
They are particularly interested in organizations that support underrepresented business owners or stakeholders. This includes marginalized groups across race, gender, sexual orientation, income, abilities, or other categories by which people have been historically excluded.
Proposals must align with one of the following City of Raleigh Strategic Plan Objectives for Economic Development:
- Objective 1: Identify and enhance workforce development partnerships and efforts and actively serve as a conduit to residents, businesses, and resource partners to attract, retain, and engage a talented workforce of various ages, skill sets, and backgrounds to support a diverse, inclusive, and growing economy.
- Objective 2: Cultivate an innovative and entrepreneurial culture based on shared strategic goals.
- Objective 3: Develop strategies and tools that encourage and strengthen the development of businesses throughout the community.
- Objective 4: Maintain and develop amenities and infrastructure to support and encourage jobs and business development and expansion in all parts of the city that provides opportunity for all.
For more information, visit City of Raleigh.