The Washington State Department of Commerce hereafter called “COMMERCE,” is initiating this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals from firms interested in participating in a project to develop a report and recommendations related to the role of green electrolytic hydrogen and renewable fuels in Washington State.
Donor Name: Washington State Department of Commerce (WSMA)
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $250,000
Grant Duration: 9 months
The report and recommendations should help state decision makers understand the primary opportunities and challenges related to the deployment of hydrogen and renewable fuels as we work to implement the recommendations of the 2021 State Energy Strategy and achieve our statewide GHG reduction limits.
COMMERCE has budgeted an amount not to exceed $250,000.00 for this project. Proposals in excess of this amount will be considered non-responsive and will not be evaluated.
The period of performance of any contract resulting from this RFP is tentatively scheduled to begin on or about March 28, 2023 and to end on December 31, 2023.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Licensed to do business in the State of Washington or submit a statement of commitment that it will become licensed in Washington within thirty (30) calendar days of being selected as the Apparently Successful Contractor.
- Demonstrated experience developing work products related to green electrolytic hydrogen and renewable fuels topics
- Demonstrated experience analyzing electrolytic hydrogen production, GHG and carbon intensity calculations of electrolytic hydrogen, and electricity demands for producing, transporting, storing and using hydrogen
- Experience using info graphics, data tables, and related tools to communicate key data in ways that are impactful and easy to understand visually
- Experience incorporating environmental justice considerations in analysis is highly desired.
For more information, visit WSMA.