The Pittsfield Glow Up! Business Improvement Grant Program is made possible by the American Rescue Plan Act and is facilitated by Downtown Pittsfield, Inc. (DPI) and the Pittsfield Economic Revitalization Corporation (PERC). Its purpose is to provide grants of up to $10,000 to eligible businesses affected by COVID-19 within ARPA’s disproportionately impacted district of Pittsfield.
Donor Name: Downtown Pittsfield, Inc.
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $10,000
The grant funds are for physical improvements that will enhance the experience of foot traffic and create a visual vibrancy in the district.
Small businesses owned by low- to moderate-income individuals, women, minorities, immigrants, nonnative English speakers, U.S. military veterans, disabled individuals, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply.
Details of Grant Funding
- Grant administered by reimbursement or two-party check
- Invoices submitted for payment must be dated after the grant agreement date
- Must comply with zoning regulations and ordinances
- Must be aligned with the city’s design guidelines for storefront improvements
- Grant must be used within 6 months of being awarded
Grants of up to $10,000 to eligible businesses affected by COVID-19.
Eligible Uses of Grant Funding
- Painting (interior and exterior)
- Signage (building or blade)
- Lighting Improvements (exterior or window)
- Flooring Replacement
- Entryway Upgrades
- Windows (replacement, washing)
- Awnings (new or replacements)
- Accessibility Improvements
- Select Interior Improvements or Repairs (Note that furniture, fixtures, and equipment are not eligible)
- Located in the disproportionately impacted district of Pittsfield, MA
- For-profit business
- In operation since January 2021
- Permissions granted by landlord or property owner
- Good standing with state and city
- Current on taxes
- Have valid state licenses and local permits
- Have no legal judgments or ligation involving the state or city
- Have no unresolved non-compliance status for previous assistance
For more information, visit Downtown Pittsfield.