As part of its commitment to increase local business awareness, economic productivity, and overall visual appeal, the Fort Pierce Redevelopment Agency (FPRA) is launching a Commercial Sign Reimbursement Grant Program.
Donor Name: Fort Pierce Redevelopment Agency (FPRA)
City: Fort Pierce
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $5,000
This program encourages property owners to upgrade their signage and replace old, outdated, worn signs with new, modern, visually appealing signs. Upgraded signage is more aesthetically appealing for residents and visitors throughout community and increases brand exposure of businesses which improves their chances of new customer acquisition and retention.
This grant can be used towards the removal of old signage, the design, production, and installation of new signage; or substantial renovation of existing signage including the installation of modern sign lighting, in compliance with current City codes. Exterior free-standing signs (permanent, fixed structure only), and exterior wall signs (permanent, fixed structure only) are eligible sign types allowable under this program.
The program provides financial assistance by offering a reimbursable grant of up to $5,000 per property.
The following rules are intended to inform a potential grant applicant of the extent and scope of the program. The desired result will improve and upgrade the appearance of the area, stimulate economic growth:
- The FPRA Commercial Sign Program is available to existing commercial properties and businesses located within the FPRA District.
- Improvements must be consistent with applicable design guidelines and policies as outlined by the FPRA Plan and the City of Fort Pierce
- All work must be done in compliance with applicable City of Fort Pierce Codes and Planning Regulations. All professional work must be performed by a licensed contractor in good standing with the City of Fort Pierce.
- If applying as the tenant, the property owner must agree to allow and support the application. Copy of lease showing at least one (1) year remaining.
- Grant funds will be reimbursed exclusively for approved costs and only for work that has been performed after being notified of grant approval by the FPRA. Any work completed prior to receiving grant approval is ineligible for reimbursement.
- New construction developments are not eligible for this program.
- Governmental facilities and national corporate franchises do not qualify for this program.
- The applicant is responsible for paying for any permits required to do the project. No grant funds can be used to pay any permitting fees.
For more information, visit City of Fort Pierce.