The City of Miami Business Assistance Grant Program 2 has funding available to help eligible small businesses within City of Miami limits of no more than 20 employees that suffered a loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic and meet all other program requirements.
Donor Name: City of Miami
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: For-profit or Not-for-profit Businesses
Size of the Grant: $25,000
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
The business can be for-profit or not-for-profit, must be presently operational, and have annual revenue that does not exceed $2 million, as reported on the business’s 2019 tax return.
The program will provide qualifying businesses with a one-time assistance grant amount equal to 20 percent of the business’s annual gross revenue (2019), with a maximum amount of $25,000.
In order to be eligible, the business must:
- Be located within the boundaries of the City of Miami. To verify the business’s location, please access the Miami-Dade Property Appraiser website and perform a property search by the business address. If the results display a “FOLIO” number that starts with “01-XXXX-XX-XXXX”, your business meets this eligibility requirement. If your business’s folio number does not start with “01”, it is not within City of Miami limits and it does not qualify for this program.
- Be a business that is currently open with no more than 20 employees.
- Be registered with State of Florida prior to September 1, 2019 and maintaining an active status in the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Have suffered a loss of business income as a result of COVID-19 (on or after March 1, 2020).
- Have a City of Miami-issued Certificate of Use/Accessory of Use and is current with its Business Tax Receipt (BTR) payments.
- Be up to date with all financial obligations with the City of Miami.
- Cannot have annual revenue of more than $2,000,000 in calendar year 2019.
- Comply with all regulations, guidelines, and policies as they relate to this program.
For more information, visit City of Miami.