The Backing Black Business Small Business Grants program is made possible through a partnership among Reimagine Main Street and leading organizations serving Black women entrepreneurs with financial support from Meta.
Donor Name: Reimagine main Street
Country: United States
State: All States
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
Size of the Grant: $25,000-$50,000
This program provides an opportunity to access expert resources from trusted partners and organizations who are committed to the success of Black women-owned small businesses!
Reimagine Main Street, an initiative of the Public Private Strategies Institute, was launched in the wake of the shelter in place orders first announced in March 2020. Their goal is to ensure an equitable COVID recovery for small businesses and their workers on MLK Boulevards, Cesar Chavez Ways, Chinatowns, and Main Streets across the United States.
Backing Black Business will award Black women-owned businesses cash grants and other valuable resources:
- $5,000 cash awards to provide a momentum boost to 50 Black women who launched their businesses during the pandemic
- $10,000 cash awards to 150 Black women business owners who existing businesses prior to the start of the pandemic
- $25,000-$50,000 cash awards to 7 women whose businesses demonstrate momentum and strong potential where their backing could help take her vision to the next level
- Introductions to coaches, networks, potential partners, and peers
- This program is designed to provide a boost to businesses owned and operated by Black, African, and African-American women in the United States before July 1, 2021. Businesses operating in all 50 U.S States are eligible for small business cash grants, marketing support, and other resources as long as they meet other eligibility criteria.
- To be eligible for the program, the following statements must all be true:
- Your business operates in the United States
- You launched your business PRIOR TO July 1, 2021
- Your business is legal and for-profit
- Your business generated at least $10,000 in revenue since January 2021
- You are able and willing document your revenue
- You were at least 18 years old on June 30, 2020
- You identify as a Black, African-American, or African woman
For more information, visit Backing Black Business Grants Program.