Donor Name: Downtown Orlando Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $75,000
- Applicants are eligible to receive up to $75,000 or 50% of the total cost of Tenant Improvements, whichever is less.
- Applicants are also able to receive a one-time award of up to $25,000 to cover rent expenses. Rent abatement payments will be made quarterly, i.e. a business would receive up to $6,250 a quarter for a total of $25,000. The maximum total funding amount under the Program per eligible business is $100,000.
To qualify for the program, you must:
- Be a retail or consumer service business.
- Keep in mind: Bars, nightclubs, tattoo parlors, office use, and professional services (i.e. financial services, legal services, insurance, real estate, check cashing) are not eligible.
- Be a new business or an existing business relocating within the Area to another location within the Area by increasing its space (sq. ft.) by 125% or more based on its current square footage.
- Be in a property free of all City of Orlando imposed liens (excluding special assessments) and property taxes must be current at the time of application.
- Not be in a city owned property.
- Have not received funding from the Downtown Commercial and Residential Building Improvement Program (DCRBIP), or the Minority/Women Entrepreneur Business Assistance Program (MEBA)
For more information, visit Retail Stimulus Program.