Donor Name: North Dakota Department of Commerce
State: North Dakota
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/10/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,000,000
The North Dakota Department of Commerce is requesting proposals for up to $10 million to fund a 1:1 match for the advancement of autonomous agriculture in the state. Match requirements will be considered from any source other than state funding. The intent of the grant is to fund the best proposal that advances autonomous farming through the deployment of an innovation facility (constructed, purchased or rented), project management for complex and North Dakota based as well as global autonomous agricultural concepts; and working with industry to upskill the autonomous agriculture workforce to ensure advanced farming techniques are staffed by qualified professionals.
Funding will likely be distributed in five tranches:
- Project Management, up to $1,000,000
- Engineering and Architectural Design, up to $500,000
- Land Acquisition, up to $1,500,000
- Construction Phase I, up to $5,000,000
- Construction Phase II, up to $2,000,000
Funding will be released upon approved plan, 1:1 match verification and will be reimbursed via a receipts-based approach following completion of the tranches.
- Automation in agriculture- How well does the proposal for agricultural automation help streamline the crop production cycle, making farming more efficient? How well does this proposal demonstrate automation?
- Precision agriculture- How well does the proposal demonstrate observation, yield, and measurement for the production cycle?
- Advancements in implements and tools- How well does the proposal advance the commercialization of automated farm implements through demonstration, tools and supporting infrastructure, e.g. the ability to automate end-to-end activities in production as well as product to market.
- Aerial integration- How well does this proposal tie into other statewide efforts such as the use of unmanned systems to enhance agricultural activity?
- Impact on North Dakota farming- How well does this demonstrate the improvement of crops that are grown in North Dakota?
- Engagement of Early State Companies- How well does this proposal support agribusiness ecosystem, e.g. startups and accelerated growth concepts.
- Business Attraction to the State- How well does this proposal attract new agricultural companies to the state?
For more information, visit North Dakota Department of Commerce.