The Town of Barnstable Tourism Mini-Grant Program is designed to support the seven villages in promoting new or existing events and festivals to draw visitors to the town and villages.
Donor Name: Town of Barnstable
Type of Grant: Matching Grants | Grant
Size of the Grant: Less than $1000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
All civic associations and nonprofit organizations within the Town of Barnstable that produce and market events to visitors and/or provide visitor services are eligible to apply. Events that promote off-season visitation are encouraged.
Grants are available up to a maximum of $1,000 per applicant, and require one-to-one matching funds. A total of $9,000 is available in funding for the grant program, which is funded through a portion of the Town’s rooms tax revenues.
- All civic associations and nonprofit organizations within the Town of Barnstable that produce and market events to visitors and/or provide visitor services are eligible to apply.
- Grants will be awarded to promote and market new and/or existing events and festivals that draw visitors to Barnstable’s seven villages.
- Projects must complement or expand the Town of Barnstable’s overall Tourism Fund goal of attracting new and repeat visitors to the town. Events that promote off-season visitation are encouraged.
- Mini-Grant projects should include, but are not limited to, production and placement of advertising to attract visitors to the town.
- Grant funds cannot be used for staff, administration, operations, and travel or private entertainment purposes.
- Matching funds are required on a one-to-one basis for grants.
- Applications must be for the primary benefit of the Town of Barnstable. Mini-Grant funds used for any other purpose will be revoked.
- Applicants must demonstrate their ability to create, promote, distribute, and account for all advertising products.
- All projects must include recognition of the grant in its marketing.
- Grant awards shall be considered Town of Barnstable approval for the project represented in the application. By accepting grant funds, applicants agree that they will use the funds to execute the project described in the application. Mini-Grant funds used for any other purpose will be revoked.
- Acceptance of grant funds shall be considered acknowledgment that successful applicants have read and understood all terms and conditions set forth in the guidelines and will abide by these terms and conditions.
- Grants will be awarded on or before March 31, 2024 and applicants will be notified by email.
- Projects must be completed by the end of 2024.
- Grantees must complete a Final Report, which includes proof of payment for use of grant funds. Any organization who fail to complete this report will be ineligible for future grants.
For more information, visit Town of Barnstable.