The StopWaste is currently accepting applications for its Surplus Food Donation Equipment grant.
Donor Name: StopWaste
County: Alameda County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Available to nonprofits, these grants provide funding to support the recovery or donation or surplus edible food that would otherwise go to waste, thereby increasing capacity for businesses to donate food and/or organizations to receive more food, safely transport, and distribute food for donation.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Incorporate food waste prevention approaches.
- Recover and distribute prepared food from donors such as large restaurants, healthcare facilities, events, K-12 school districts, and hotels.
- Implement client choice food distribution models.
- Provide donated food to the most underserved communities.
- Focus on food donation and promote additional services.
- Demonstrate community involvement and support.
Up to $10,000 per grant.
- Projects must reduce food waste generated or disposed of in Alameda County by recovering and/or redistributing surplus edible food.
- If project includes the purchase of cold storage equipment for the purpose of increasing acceptance of perishable foods and minimizing food loss, it must be Energy Star rated or energy efficient as defined by the California Department of Energy.
Who can apply?
This grant category is available to nonprofits including but not limited to food pantries, food banks, community or faith-based organizations, and food recovery services; businesses are not eligible.
For more information, visit StopWaste.