Region 2 Arts Council Arts Project Grants are funded by an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.
Donor Name: Region 2 Arts Council
Counties: Beltrami County, Clearwater County, Hubbard County, Lake of the Woods County, Mahnomen County
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
Size of the Grant: $2,500
These grants offer funding for a variety of arts projects and programming including costs associated with public art, arts festivals, engagement of guest artists, arts field trips, workshops, exhibitions, presentations, or performances that will benefit the residents of Beltrami, Hubbard, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, or Mahnomen counties. Arts organizations may also apply to fund consultation projects in board development, fiscal management, fundraising, public relations, audience development, or assistance in designing arts programming.
Funds can be used to purchase materials and supplies for arts projects but not equipment or non-expendable items. Arts activities proposed for funding must be accessible by the public, displaying a strong community component.
- Maximum Award: $2,500
- No Cash Match Required / No Equipment purchases allowed
Organizations must be nonprofit and physically located within one of the five Region 2 Arts Council counties of Beltrami, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, or Hubbard. Eligible organizations include:
- schools (parochial schools are ineligible)
- community education programs
- institutions of higher learning (colleges or universities)
- non-profits providing arts programming
- local city, town, county government entities
- tribal government entities
- Groups without 501(c)3 nonprofit tax status are eligible to apply, but must be formed for non-profit purposes, must have the equivalent of a governing body similar to a board of directors or advisory council, and must use a a Minnesota-based non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization, or other tax exempt entity such as a school, institution of higher learning, or city, town, county, or tribal government as a fiscal sponsor.
For more information, visit Region 2 Arts Council.