The National Young Farmers Coalition is partnering with Chipotle to offer $5,000 grants to 50 young farmers and ranchers to support them in building careers in agriculture.
Donor Name: National Young Farmers Coalition (Young Farmers)
U.S. Territory: Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
State: All States
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Farmers and Ranchers
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Young Farmers will offer 50 grants to a new cohort of young farmers and ranchers in 2022. Forty-five awards will go to businesses already in operation, and five to projects starting in 2022.
Young Farmer Grants are designed to provide a flexible financial boost to young farmers building long-term careers in agriculture. This fund can be used for anything that will further your goals as a farmer, even if that means just getting started. The goal of this fund is to provide financial assistance for any cost that currently limits your ability to start, run, or grow your operation in the way you’d like.
Grant funding may support completing a project, purchasing a new piece of equipment, covering operating costs such as seeds and compost, building new infrastructure, attending a farmer training program or conference, hiring additional farm labor, or covering personal finances that stand in the way of farm success, including but not limited to childcare, housing, or student loan payments. Fun
- This program seeks to support “livelihood farmers and rancher” or those seeking long term careers that financially support them through agriculture. At this time they are not able to offer funding to farmers who are not currently, or are not working, toward making an income farming through long-term careers in agriculture.
- Applicant must be the operation owner or plan to start their own operation in 2022.
- For non-profit farms without “owners” applicant must be the lead farmer/farm manager.
- Farmer part-owners of cooperative or collective farms are qualified to apply. Please choose just one owner to represent the operation in the application.
- Young farmers and ranchers who are at least 18 and not over 40 years of age as of May 1, 2022.
- Applicant must use farm practices that protect natural resources for future generations.
- Applicant must be farming or ranching in one of the 50 U.S. states, D.C., in Puerto Rico, or in the Virgin Islands.
- There are no preferences for what applicants produce on their operations or for current scale of farm.
- They strongly encourage farmers of color, Indigenous farmers, and farmers who are facing significant structural barriers to accessing other funding opportunities and success in agriculture to apply.
- Staff and Board members of the National Young Farmers Coalition are not eligible to apply.
- Recipients of the 2020 and 2021 Young Farmer Grants are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit Young Farmers.