The Town of Leesburg’s Commission on Public Art (COPA) invites submissions for its ArtsPARKs project in Raflo Park.
Donor Name: Leesburg Commission on Public Art (COPA)
State: Washington, District of Columbia, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland
Counties: Arlington County (WA), Clarke County (WA), Fairfax County (WA), Fauquier County (WA), Loudoun County (WA), Prince William County (WA), Spotsylvania County (WA), Stafford County (WA), Warren County (WA), Calvert County (MD), Charles County (MD), Frederick County (MD), Montgomery County (MD), Prince George’s County (MD), Jefferson County (WV)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Grant Size: $1,000
Artwork will consider a wide variety of work including site specific work, work in a variety of sizes and scales, art with an interactive component, and proposed but not yet built works. Artwork deemed unsuitable for public display will not be considered. Accepted artwork must be stable, free standing, well fabricated and constructed of durable materials to withstand year round elements, including high winds, moisture, and bright sunlight. Sculpture must be suitable for interaction with the public, especially children. It must be delivered complete and installed by the artist/team.
There is no stated theme for the artwork(s) but the artworks should create excitement and interest for the community. Works could honor the rich history of Leesburg, the environs, reflect a vision for the future, or celebrate and inspire the community
- Each artist/team will receive an honorarium of $1,000, provided to offset the costs related to installation/removal of the artwork. All artwork is to be available for sale with Friends of Leesburg Public Art (FOLPA) receiving a 20% commission to fund future rounds of ArtsPARKs.
- Project Duration 2 years.
This call is open to artists and artist teams within the Washington DC Metro region. Emerging artists are encouraged to apply. There is no requirement that you have previous public art experience.
- Up to 3 separate works can be entered.
- Resume with contact information, website or Facebook page (if available) and any previous related experience.
- Portfolio to include pictures (front, back, and detail) in 300 dpi jpeg format.
- Description of proposed work with detailed sketches, etc. (Must include: title, date, medium, height, depth, width, weight, base size, and price).
- Work must fit within the envelope shown on the attached Artwork Sizing Diagram.
- If work is not complete at submission, please include detailed sketches with anticipated final measurements, base size, price, etc.
- Artist statement – a written description of the work, including artist interpretation.
For more information, visit ArtsPARKs.