The City of Tucson is accepting applications for its Special Events (SE) Grant Program.
Donor Name: City of Tucson
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
The purpose of the grant is to increase the capacity of emerging and established special events that build community, develop the local economy and tourism industry, and enrich the quality of life of all residents and visitors.
Tucson has a variety of arts, cultural heritage, and sports-related special events that attract local and non-local participants/audiences. Special events also add to Tucson’s distinctiveness and character, which makes the City better able to attract and retain skilled, creative and knowledgeable workers.
- Please base your funding request on an approximate $100,000 funding pool. This amount is subject to change until FY 2025 budget is approved.
- Contracts will be awarded for a one-year period.
- Organizations must be a non-profit at time of application.
- Organizations may not be a taxing authority
- Organizations must comply with the City’s non-discrimination policy.
- Organizations must have the capacity to comply with applicable laws and regulations associated with funding, including, but not limited to: fiscal management systems and reporting, subcontracting, licensing and staffing with appropriate credentials.
- Organizations should have multiple funding sources (including non-governmental funding); in kind services can be counted as a resource, but cannot be considered a funding source.
- Organizations must submit a semi-annual and an annual report.
- Organizations with past-due balances with City of Tucson for costs related to their events are not eligible to receive funding.
Eligible events must
- Be held within or primarily within Tucson city limits.
- Economically benefit City of Tucson residents and/or businesses located within the City of Tucson.
- Require a level of funding that is commensurate and proportionate to impact of the event.
- Occur once in FY 2023.
For more information, visit City of Tucson.