The Buena Vista County Community Foundation (BVCCF) is excited to announce the opening of the spring 2024 Grant Cycle.
Donor Name: Buena Vista County Community Foundation
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
Grants will generally fit into one of the following categories:
- Youth Education/Development
- Arts and Cultural Awareness
- Health & Human Services
- Community Betterment
- Designed to be an entry level grant that provides for the achievement of smaller projects or for smaller organizations with limited resources. The following guidelines apply to this grant type:
- Limited to a maximum award of $2,000.00 (can be less)
- No matching funds required but it is always good to show that the organization supports the project by providing some resources to the effort.
- All grant must achieve a minimum score of 65% to be funded.
- These grants are by far the largest percentage of what we fund. The Medium Grants increase the award levels from the Small Grants and add some additional requirements. The following guidelines apply to this grant type:
- Limited to a maximum award of $5,000.000 (can be less).
- A $1 for $1 match is required but the match can be either cash or in-kind donations or services.
- All grants must achieve a minimum score of 65% to be funded.
- Designed specifically to be harder to achieve funding the type allows for funding of great projects that have larger costs but greater benefits. The following guidelines apply to this grant type:
- Unlimited in terms of dollars. However, the Foundation only has limited funds available to grant out to organization, thus the Foundation reserves the right to cap funding and/or provide funding over an extended period of time.
- Required $1 for $1 cash match. Example: An award for $10,000 would have to be matched with cash from the grantee of $10,000 or another non-county foundation source.
- All grants must achieve a minimum score of 75% to be funded.
Applicants are eligible to be awarded one grant application per 12-month time period.
Grants are only awarded to verified not-for-profit organizations with a valid 501.C.3 tax-exempt certification or local forms of government including cities, counties, and school districts.
For more information, visit BVCCF.