The VNA Foundation awards grants to support home and community-based healthcare and health services for the medically underserved in Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane and Will counties — with a focus on Chicago.
Donor Name: VNA Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500
They will consider funding program, operating, and capital grants, including indirect costs and salaries that support core staff. In deference to their roots as the Visiting Nurse Association of Chicago, priority consideration will be given to programs in which care is provided by nurses.
- Each request is considered on an individual basis, but their average grant is in the $35,000 to $50,000 range, and their maximum is generally $65,000 to $80,000.
- VNA Foundation prefers requested grant amounts to be rounded up or down to the nearest $500.
- All grants requests must:
- Have measurable goals and objectives.
- Benefit the medically underserved.
- Be submitted by an organization exempt from income tax under sec. 501 (c)(3), and designated as a public charity under section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2), of the Internal Revenue Code. VNA Foundation does not provide grants to section 509(a)(3) “supporting organizations.”
For more information, visit VNAF.