The EQT Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Grant program to help communities prosper through focused giving.
Donor Name: EQT Foundation
States: Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 08/01/2022
Grant Size: $15,000
The EQT Foundation believes in meaningful engagement with the communities it calls home and takes great pride in being a responsible and responsive corporate citizen. The EQT Foundation focuses its resources on areas that have a direct effect on the stability of communities and, in turn, contribute to the success of its business operations in those areas.
- Community Enrichment: Encourage the development of diverse, safe, healthy, and sustainable communities, which can help to retain residential, commercial and economic growth. Examples: artistic programs, food banks, libraries, farmers markets, volunteer fire departments, community festivals.
- Education & Workforce: Promote proficiency in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) topics for youth, as well as training programs to create a future skilled workforce. Examples: In-school STEM-based curricula, computer and science camps, project-based learning, career planning and preparation.
- Environment: Support the preservation of natural resources, and educate children, residents, and businesses to employ conservation techniques to minimize adverse impacts on the environment. Examples: community gardens, watershed conservation, environmental education, preservation and restoration of green spaces.
The EQT Foundation’s funding strategy endorses programs that directly impact the community and its residents, rather than fundraising initiatives designed to support general operating expenses. The Foundation supports projects that demonstrate positive, significant, measurable and sustainable impacts, preferring proposals grounded in solid research and analysis that demonstrate creative approaches to addressing critical issues. The EQT Foundation also seeks evidence of:
- Geographic setting that aligns with EQT Corporation’s business locations;
- Ability to manage available resources effectively; and
- Outreach that gains solid public recognition and support for the nonprofit, its programs and sponsors.
The average grant awarded by the EQT Foundation is $15,000.
The EQT Foundation tends to award grants in the same geographic footprint of EQT Corporation’s business operations. For the most part, that includes southwestern Pennsylvania (Allegheny, Fayette, Greene, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties), northern West Virginia (Doddridge, Harrison, Marion, Marshall, Tyler and Wetzel Counties) and eastern Ohio (Belmont County).
The Foundation does NOT support
The EQT Foundation does not consider proposals for:
- Institutions, organizations or groups that are not tax exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3)
- Capital campaigns or costs, including endowments, new construction, building renovations, mortgages/rents, etc.
- Churches or other organizations whose purpose promotes a particular religion or creed
- Political parties, candidates or public policy advocates
- For-profit activities, businesses, associations or organizations
- Tax-supported entities, including public schools
- Fraternal, social, union or hobby/recreational clubs or organizations
- Personnel costs
- Sporting events, including charity golf outings
- Scholarship programs (other than those historically supported by EQT)
- Organizations located outside of the United States
- Organizations whose mission, operating philosophy or activities are in direct conflict with EQT company policy and could potentially damage the company’s reputation or could result in negative publicity for the company
For more information, visit EQT Foundation.