Applications are now open for Foundation for Louisiana Community of Care grants for natural and human-caused disasters faced in Louisiana.
Donor Name: Foundation for Louisiana
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 – $25,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
Foundation for Louisiana aims to support the staff and volunteers of Louisiana nonprofits, community-based organizations, and movement formations working to respond to, mitigate the impacts of, and organize to prevent the increasingly severe and more frequent natural and human-caused disasters faced in Louisiana. They acknowledge the role of climate change, environmental racism, and discriminatory public policy in the ways in which these disasters are experienced differently on the basis of race, gender, sexual identity, age, systems-involvement, disability, geography, economic stability, and immigration status.
- Support nonprofits, CBOs, and movements in caring for their organizations and their workers and volunteers who provide and support direct services and/or action in the areas of disaster relief, mitigation and adaptation, and recovery
- Acknowledge that many organizations must pivot during times of disaster and provide the same support for nonprofit, CBO, and movements in caring for their organization and their workers and volunteers who provide and support direct services and/or action in the areas of climate justice, criminal justice reform and transformation, economic justice, racial justice, including organizations who support reproductive freedom, LQBTQ+ organizing, and/or disability justice
- Acknowledge the leadership, community wisdom, and service of Black, Indigenous, and people of color Louisianans, LGBTQ+ Louisianans, immigrants, and Louisianans with disabilities
- Learn about the deep work of care and the networks of support that already exist inside of and across nonprofit, CBO, and movement spaces.
- Community of Care grants are one-year grants available in increments between $10,000 and $25,000.
- The grants are designed to support the needs of staff members individually or collectively which may include offsetting the cost of additional time away from work, piloting new organizational policies and/or benefits, support for housing repair and/or adaptation, and/or access to diverse therapeutic modalities.
For more information, visit Foundation for Louisiana.