The Fall 2022 Grant Cycle is now open with brief proposals for non-profits organizations serving any part of the five-county Greater Birmingham region.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $75,000 or greater
- Thriving Communities
- Equity and Inclusion
- Regional Cooperation
- Economic Opportunity for All
- Overcoming Persistent Poverty
- There is no maximum request amount, but in recent years awarded grants have ranged from $5,000 to $100,000 with an average amount of $35,000.
- CFGB prefers requests that do not exceed 25% of the budget for the proposed project. Potential or secured support for the remaining 75% of the budget should be identified. That total cost and scale of the project should be reasonable, feasible, and sustainable in relation to the applicant’s overall budget and activities.
- Organizations with documented revenue under $25,000 may only request a Seed Grant of $8,000 or less. Seed Grant applicants will not be required to submit a full proposal.
- Organizations requesting a grant of $75,000 or greater MUST have an annual or semi-annual independent audit.
- Applicants must be currently designated a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization by the IRS or be a 501(c)(3) exempt religious institution or be a government entity. Private non-operating foundations are not eligible. Applicants may use a fiscal sponsor only if there is a meaningful mission fit and an existing working relationship between the two organizations.
- Applicants must serve Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair or Walker counties in Alabama.
- Large organizations with many branches or departments (e.g. colleges, universities, YMCA, public libraries) must submit requests from the president’s office or the development office.
- An applicant with a current open grant from the Community Foundation may apply but must be upto-date on all reporting and should have a very compelling or timely reason for requesting a new grant.
For more information, visit CFGB.