The Oregon Community Foundation is seeking applications to provide grant funding to purchase equipment, facility upgrades, start-up costs, expansion or other products and services necessary to mobilize a workforce around housing, childcare, transportation and accessibility.
Donor Name: Oregon Community Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $100,000
The Eastern Oregon Border Economic Development Board is charged with implementing investment strategies and practices in workforce and economic development in the region and to make grants to eligible applicants for encouraging regional workforce and economic development.
All grant awards must significantly impact education, workforce, and/or economic development capacity in the Border Region. Priority will be given to programs and projects that:
- Enhance prosperity in the Border Region
- Improve the Border Region’s property tax base
- Improve the Border Region’s competitiveness with Idaho
- Increase workforce availability and skills in the Border Region
- Improve the image of Border Region
- Leverage the funds with a complement of outside funding
Maximum grant is $100,000 per project.
Eligible applicants are businesses, non-profit organizations, local governments and education service providers located in the Region.
- One to one matching funds are required; exclusive of in-kind match. Matching funds must be identified with the application and available prior to the first draw of funds but no more than 45 days after an award is made. Documentation must be provided.
- Grant may only be used for direct costs; indirect costs are not eligible and may not be applied toward the matching fund requirement.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can prove sustainability of the proposed project. Evidence of sustainability may include but is not limited to review of financial statements, business plans, etc.
- Preference will be given to projects targeting current or potential employees living and working or living and attending school full time in the Region.
- Applications will be accepted on an annual basis pending funding availability.
For more information, visit OCF.