The Colorado Springs Health Foundation makes grants to target immediate health care needs and encourage healthy living in El Paso and Teller Counties, Colorado.
Donor Name: Colorado Springs Health Foundation
County: El Paso County (CO) and Teller County (CO)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $5,000
The Foundation acknowledges that organizations addressing the health and well-being of their community need to invest in their own capacities, competencies and skills in order to do this important work well.
As such, Colorado Springs Health Foundation is offering an additional capacity-building funding opportunity – one that is smaller, more responsive (faster decisions) and lower barrier (shorter application).
The Foundation is interested in discreet projects that enhance staff/volunteer skills and competencies toward greater organizational effectiveness and impact.
Examples of capacity-building funding requests may include but are not limited to:
- Planning (e.g. strategic planning)
- Assessing impact (evaluation)
- Board or other volunteer development and training
- Staff development and training (e.g. conferences, coaching, training)
- Communication consulting
- Equity, diversity and inclusion coaching/consulting
- Technology (e.g. hardware, software)
Colorado Springs Health Foundation has identified four funding focus areas. These areas align with the Foundation’s mission, community need, community and stakeholder input, and the population health framework described above.
- Expand access to healthcare for those in greatest need. This includes care for physical, mental, oral and/or substance use disorder-related concerns. It also includes initiatives to address the healthcare workforce shortage.
- Prevent suicide
- Cultivate healthy environments in high-need or underserved communities, specifically and exclusively:
- Efforts that encourage greater physical activity
- Efforts that increase access to healthy, affordable food
- Efforts that increase or retain transitional or permanent affordable housing
- Prevent or heal trauma.
Mini-grant requests may not exceed $5,000.
- Applicant organizations must be one of the following:
- Tax-exempt (501(c)3)
- Operating under the fiscal agency of a tax-exempt organization
- Tax-supported like a school or local/state government
- Applicant organizations must serve either El Paso and/or Teller Counties, Colorado.
- Grant requests must align with Colorado Springs Health Foundation’s mission and its funding focus areas, described above.
- In general, Colorado Springs Health Foundation will consider all types of grant requests (general operating, program, capital, capacity-building/technical assistance, etc.).
- Grant size (amount approved) varies significantly. Colorado Springs Health Foundation prefers not to provide sole, majority and/or continuous funding for a request.
For more information, visit Colorado Springs Health Foundation.