The Marillac Mission Fund (MMF) is seeking programs that respect and protect the dignity of each person, especially those that are materially poor and vulnerable.
Donor Name: Marillac Mission Fund (MMF)
State: Missouri and Illinois
Counties: Lincoln County (MO), St. Charles County (MO), St. Clair County (MO), St. Louis County (MO), Bond County (IL), Calhoun County (IL), Clinton County (IL), Franklin County (IL), Jefferson County (IL), Jersey County (IL), Macoupin County (IL), Madison County (IL), Macoupin County (IL), Madison County (IL), Warren County (IL), Washington County (IL)
City: St. Louis City
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Grant Size: $50,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
- Immigrants & Refugees: Embracing the Gospel value of welcoming the stranger, the Foundation recognizes the intrinsic value and basic rights of immigrants and refugees to become fully productive members of the society. MMF supports programs that promote the dignity and protects the rights of immigrants and refugees in region.
- Older Adults Living Independently: Older Adults Living Independently is a focus on programs that promote independent living for older citizens, 65 years and older who are low-income, or cost burdened and wish to live in their own homes as long as it is possible. Preference is given to services that support aging within independent homes over independent living facilities.
- Veterans: Intended for community-based nonprofit organizations that offer support and services to US Veterans and their families that are not otherwise available through public organizations, such as the Veteran’s Administration. Funding priority is given to programs serving veterans returning from post-9/11 conflicts.
- Human Trafficking Prevention: The Human Trafficking Prevention goal is to equip vulnerable youth with skills and knowledge that lead to a more positive lifestyle, helping prevent them from becoming victims of human trafficking. Youth are the heart and future of communities, and we believe they deserve every opportunity for a happy, healthy, and successful future.
- Advocacy & Coalition-Building : The Marillac Mission Fund supports advocacy as an investment that can lead to systemic, long-lasting change that can affect large segments of the population within the focus areas over the long-term. Nonprofit organizations offer unique credibility to the policy process by their essential, non-partisan representative role in the community, and their unique expertise of the issues and public vision.
Types of Grants
Responsive Grants fall into two types; applicants will be instructed to select one:
- Program or Project: A Program is an organized set of services designed to achieve specific outcomes for a specified population that will continue beyond the grant period. A Project is a planned undertaking or organized set of services designed to achieve specific outcomes that are time-limited. (Note: A successful project may become an ongoing program of the organization.)
- General Operating Support: Grant funds are available to support the ongoing services, mission or goals of an organization within the focus areas. To be eligible, 100% of the organization’s programs must serve the selected focus area. This type of funding is not typically available to first-time grantees of Marillac Mission Fund.
Minimum request amount is $5,000 and maximum request amount is $50,000.
Any applicant organization must:
- Have 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status.
- Be located in the 16-county St. Louis Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Be willing to avoid participating in, contributing to, or promoting activities contrary to Catholic Church Moral Teachings.
- Follow MMF Outcome Indicators and Activities.
- Support one of the Fund’s focus areas.
For more information, visit Responsive Grants.