The South Arts is accepting applications for its In These Mountains (ITM) initiative to support the projects that promote sharing, teaching, learning, preserving, documenting, and supporting the continuity of the folk arts and traditional culture of Central Appalachia.
Donor Name: South Arts
State: Kentucky, North Carolina, or Tennessee
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
South Arts has prioritise the following:
- South Arts is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- They strongly encourage applications from Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-led and LGBTQIA+-led organizations, and organizations led by people with disabilities. They will prioritize applications that feature BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ traditional artists and traditional artists with disabilities.
- South Arts is committed to funding traditional arts projects in rural communities (with populations under 50,000).
This funding program is open to a wide variety of organizations, including community cultural organizations, schools/colleges/universities, libraries, museums, performing arts presenters, community festival organizations, faith-based organizations, etc. Organizations must be located within and serve at least one Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) county in Kentucky, North Carolina, or Tennessee.
- Grants of $10,000 for organizations to conduct projects that promote the sharing, teaching, learning, preserving, and documenting folk arts and traditional culture of Central Appalachia.
- Organizations are eligible for only one In These Mountains FY23 Project Grant through the South Arts’ 2023 fiscal year of July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023.
- Nonprofit organizations and educational organizations located in Appalachian Regional Commission counties in Kentucky, North Carolina, and Tennessee are eligible.
- Organizations must have not-for-profit, tax-exempt status, or be an official unit of local, county, or state government. Educational institutions (schools, school systems, colleges, and universities) are eligible. South Arts does not accept applications from fiscal agents for this grant program.
- All applicants must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
- Organizations that have failed to submit final reports for any previous South Arts grants by the time of this application will not be considered for funding in this grant cycle.
- Organizations that fail to properly acknowledge South Arts’ support in programs and press materials will not be considered for additional funding.
For more information, visit In These Mountain Project Grant Program.