The Scott County Regional Authority is seeking grant applications from organizations to serve residents of Scott County, Iowa.
Donor Name: Scott County Regional Authority
County: Scott County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
The Scott County Regional Authority (SCRA) is a non-profit corporation which provides funding to educational institutions, government/civic and not-for profit organizations through a grant process. These funds are generated from gaming receipts received through the Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf. The Scott County Regional Authority mission is to serve the needs of the residents of Scott County, Iowa.
- Grants may be awarded for educational, civic, public, charitable, patriotic or religious purposes. Applicants must be non-profit organizations exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Code, a government entity, or an educational institution. ALL NON-PROFIT applicants IRS designation will be confirmed by SCRA through the Guidestar feature of the online application system.
- The organization must serve residents of Scott County and the grant must be used for services to Scott County residents.
- The organization must be incorporated or chartered or authorized to do business in the state of its principal place of business or chartered or licensed by the U. S. Government. ALL NON-PROFIT applicants must maintain legal existence and remain in good standing with the state of its principal place of business.
- The organization must have a local office and a local corporate board of directors with a significant number of members who are residents of Scott County.
- ALL NON-PROFIT applicants must upload a Balance Sheet AND Income Statement for the most recent full fiscal year with each application.
- Organizations must also have available for review upon request the following documents – do not submit with grant application:
- A financial statement for the previous year as prepared by an outside independent accountant.
- The organization’s budget for the present year and the year for which the grant is sought.
- A copy of the organization’s annual report for the previous year.
- Any questions regarding the eligibility of any organization or project to qualify under these guidelines will be referred to the SCRA Board of Directors for a decision in the matter.
For more information, visit SCRA.