Application are now open for the Individual Artist Grant to provide financial assistance to artists to advance their technical skills.
Donor Name: Northwest Minnesota Arts Council
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
- Individual Artist Grants ($5,000): 10/01/2022
- Individual Artist Grants ($1,500): 09/15/2022
- Quick Turn Around Grants ( $500): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $5,000
The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council was designated as the regional arts council for northwestern Minnesota by the Minnesota State Legislature. The Council works with local and area arts organizations and individuals to develop the arts in Region. The Arts Council submits a biennial Regional Arts Plan to the Minnesota State Arts Board. The NWMAC then receives a block grant from the Minnesota State Legislature, with the Minnesota State Arts Board serving as fiscal agent. This source of funds is used to provide grants for the 7 counties which comprise the region:
- Red Lake
Individual Artist Grants provide financial assistance for the exhibition, performance, or production of a specific creative work, mentoring with a more experienced artist, participation in not-for-credit arts experiences. This grant has a primary purpose of helping artists secure a small amount of funds to attend a training or to purchase some equipment (that is used over and over again) that has proven essential to their professional advancement. They understand that opportunities come up quickly and this grant should help artists get quick access to funds. They are also awarding quick turnaround grants for COVID-19-related relief for artists in northwest Minnesota. These grants are for missed gigs and income due to the pandemic.
Types of Individual Artist Grants:
- Individual Artist Grants ($5,000) (4 awarded each year)
- Individual Artist Grants ($1,500) (4 awarded each year)
- Quick Turn Around Grants ( $500) first come, first served
- To be eligible you must be out of high school and at least 18 years of age and reside in the 7 county NW Minnesota region.
- College tuition is not an eligible expense. .
For more information, visit Northwest Minnesota Arts Council.