The Southwest Initiative Foundation has an open grant round to support youth ages 0-8 across southwest Minnesota.
Donor Name: Southwest Initiative Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/05/2022
Grant Size: up to $20,000
This grant provides emergency assistance for education agencies and services that have been impacted by the pandemic. Wrap around services, a system of care management which supports children in all aspects of life, are one of many education services that the GEER Fund supports.
Areas of Focus
- High impact projects that will increase child success – including, but not limited to, mental health services, social/emotional support, enrichment programs, distance learning support, access to appropriate virtual platforms, etc.
- Early Learning and Development for youth birth through 8.
- Professional development for 0-8 caregivers or providers of educational, emotional, social, safety, or health needs.
- Supplemental after-school or summer learning activities targeted for youth 0-8.
- Intergenerational mentoring activities targeted for youth 0-8.
- Projects designed to align with the Grow our Own philosophy of building a healthy foundation for youth to thrive.
Preference Given to:
- Projects that will serve BIPOC, diverse, or underserved youth.
- Collaborative projects that bring together multiple providers or a broad range of recipients.
- Projects that will have a continued return on efforts.
- Projects with matching funds.
- Projects that can be replicated.
- Projects that maximize strengths, talents, and resources of the community.
- Applicant organization’s mission and primary programs, services and/or activities strongly align with the Southwest Initiative Foundation’s mission
- Projects that balance predictable returns with new and innovative solutions to challenges of youth and families.
The average grant award is expected to be approximately $4,000, however grants with a large impact spanning multiple populations will be considered for amounts up to $20,000.
- All proposals must demonstrate a benefit within one or more of the following 18 counties in southwest Minnesota: Big Stone, Chippewa, Cottonwood, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rock, Swift and Yellow Medicine; or the Upper Sioux Community or Lower Sioux Indian Community.
- Proposals must be submitted by an independent 501(c)(3) organization, a unit of government, religious institution, or educational entity.
- No grants to individuals, businesses, or other for-profit organizations
- Projects must be completed within 12 months of the grant award date.
- No grants will be awarded for general operating expenses, capital funding, campaigns, religious activities or endowments
- No funds will be awarded for re-granting.
- A final report is due following the grant period.
- Southwest Initiative Foundation reserves the right to make modifications to the program in response to community need and available resources.
For more information, visit Southwest Initiative Foundation.