The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation is seeking applications for its Responsive Grants Program that focuses on Arts & Culture or Basic Needs.
Donor Name: The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation
State: West Virginia
County: Kanawha County (WV), Putnam County (WV), Boone County (WV), Clay County (WV), Lincoln County (WV), and Fayette County (WV)
Type of Grant: Grant
Before applying, applicants must discuss their intended project with a program officer; if, after this discussion, it is determined that the project in question does not align with one of TGKVF’s three goals in education, health, or civic engagement & community building, the applicant may apply through the competitive, responsive process.
- Arts & Culture Responsive Grantmaking: TGKVF believes that arts and cultural activities are integral to a community’s success. Arts & Culture priority will be given to organizations seeking to increase opportunities for marginalized communities to participate in diverse and artistic experiences and particularly those that foster creativity, self-expression, and cross-cultural exchange. Those projects that demonstrate their ability to achieve measurable results and involve goal-oriented, flexible partnerships among nonprofit, public, and private sectors will also be prioritized.
- Basic Needs Responsive Grantmaking: TGKVF believes that without caring for its residents’ basic needs, a community is incapable of thriving. For this reason, the Foundation will continue to support basic needs projects through a competitive, responsive grantmaking process. Basic needs, as they define them, are shelter, food, and clothing. Basic Needs priority will be given to organizations that demonstrate the potential to expand or deepen their impact or those that are already achieving measureable impact. Efforts that involve goal-oriented, flexible partnerships among the nonprofit, public, and private sectors are most compelling. Initiatives that take a long-term view of what is required to move people and places out of poverty will also be prioritized.
- Applicants must:
- be 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations or public government entities as determined by the IRS
- demonstrate their ability to build community wealth
- exhibit multi-agency collaboration
- serve Kanawha, Putnam, Boone, Clay, Lincoln, and/or Fayette counties
For more information, visit TGKVF.