The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) is seeking applications for the Rural Development Fund Grants Program to provide grant opportunities to promote the sustainability of land-based industries and support infrastructure that benefits rural communities.
Donor Name: Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD)
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Grant Size: $100,000
Funding will be focused on the following types of projects in rural areas:
- Infrastructure Development
- Examples of projects could be roadways, bridges, renewable energy, wastewater, rural housing, broadband, etc.
- Rural Capacity Building
- Examples of projects include museums, local and regional tourism campaigns, technical assistant programs, shared service models, feasibility studies, etc.
- Business Development
- Examples for projects include business expansion ensuring long-term creation or retention of jobs with a strong local and/or regional impact. For this year, projects with a focus on livestock processing are encouraged.
- Talent Development and Training
- Examples of projects include local and regional workforce development programs, workforce training, rural housing projects, childcare, etc.
The maximum limit on grant fund requests is $100,000. The total allotment for funding is approximately $1.8 million.
- Local Units of Government (county, city, township, village, school district; any authority composed of counties, cities, townships, villages and school districts or combination of these entities)
- Federally Recognized Tribes
- Educational Institutions
For more information, visit MDARD.