The Jewish Women’s Foundation of New Jersey accepts proposals from 501 (C)(3) agencies to support programs and services consistent with their mission.
Donor Name: Jewish Women’s Foundation of New Jersey
State: New Jersey
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $5,000
The Jewish Women’s Foundation of New Jersey (JWF-NJ) is a collaborative philanthropy inspired by Jewish values. Members are dedicated to empowering women and girls in New Jersey through education, advocacy, and strategic grant making.
Maximum request: $5,000.
An agency that meets two or more of the following criteria is eligible to apply:
- Demonstrates that the grant can make a big impact in jumpstarting a project.
- Demonstrates that the grant is timely and addresses an issue with immediate urgency.
- Demonstrates that the grant can be used to cover the costs (or the majority thereof) for a self-contained expense (e.g., purchase of specific equipment).
- Has not received a grant of $3,000 or more from JWF-NJ in the past five years.
- Is an agency with a budget of less than $250K annually.
- JWF-NJ primarily focuses its support in the following counties: Essex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. Occasionally, they will consider requests outside these geographic areas.
- An agency must use funds to support women, girls, or mothers and their children exclusively. Projects which support a “majority” of women will not be considered.
- JWF-NJ funds both sectarian and non-sectarian agencies. An agency need not be Jewish to receive a grant.
- JWF-NJ does not provide funds for individual tuition scholarships (e.g., private school or university), however JWF-NJ may fund a program which absorbs costs/offers discounts for its neediest participants.
For more information, visit JWFNJ.