The King Foundation is accepting applications for its Community Grant Program 2022.
Donor Name: King Foundation
State: Arkansas and Texas
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $15,000 to $75,000
Types of Grants
- Nonprofit capacity (Arkansas and West Texas only)
Community Grants are awarded in Arkansas, North Texas and West Texas in the following areas:
- Aging Population / Meeting the physical and emotional needs of the elderly, especially efforts to preserve and promote the independence, health, and quality of life of seniors; to improve the quality and availability of both nursing home care and alternatives to nursing home care; and to protect seniors from abuse or financial exploitation.
- Arts, Culture, And History / Supporting artistic, historical, or cultural experiences that enhance learning in school-age children, or extend the benefit of the arts to children, the elderly, and others who might not otherwise have access.
- Children And Youth / Meeting the physical and emotional needs of young people, especially efforts to prevent child abuse or neglect or mitigate their effects; to provide healthcare; and to promote and to develop sound character and values in young people.
- Economically Disadvantaged / Moving low-income people toward economic independence; providing emergency shelter and assistance; providing healthcare; offering transitional housing and supportive services to individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness; and promoting the creation of affordable housing.
- Education / Preparing young children for school; supporting the educational process broadly through means such as parental involvement and teacher training; promoting adult literacy; improving English-language skills in both children and adults; and supporting student-focused programs at the college level that advance other areas of the Foundation’s mission.
- Nonprofit Capacity / Building the infrastructure of agencies working in aging, arts, children, economically disadvantaged, or education.
- Range: $15,000 to $75,000
- Average: $30,000
For more information, visit King Foundation.