Donor Name: United Way of North Central Iowa
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/17/2022
United Way of North Central Iowa Impact Areas
- Helping community members connect with the tools they need to reach their potential
- Income Stability:
- Providing connections to aid in financial stability & independence
- Increasing access to ensure health & well-being
United Way of North Central Iowa Small Grants can be used for projects such as planning, training and/or development, organizational capacity building, including strategic planning, governance and other types of organizational planning and/or development activities; community and/or human service work, and innovative solutions to local issues.
- Programs will self-select which Issue area, priority, and strategies they would like to address based on their ability to align with the individual strategic investment plans outlined for each issue area.
- Programs must be able to address the information outlined in the Community Impact Roadmap.
- Programs must serve residents in at least one or more of the following counties: Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Hancock, Kossuth, Mitchell, Winnebago or Worth.
- Applicants must be a registered tax-exempt nonprofit organization and maintain a volunteer board that meets regularly.
- The following are not eligible for funding:
- Programs for which previous grant compliance issues have not been addressed.
- Applications requesting less than $3,000
- Applications for political purposes, religious purposes, or programs requiring religious participation.
- Applications for fundraising or debt reduction
- Applications for funds to directly benefit a specific individual or family
- Projects that were completed prior to the grant application
- Private organizations whose sole purpose is to provide lobbying, environmental, religious, or fundraising activities.
- Organizations that do not comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations; meet applicable state and local standards for licensing and certification within their specific discipline.
- Organizations with programs or activities which are contrary to the goals, aspirations, and policies of the UW of North Central Iowa or which are incompatible with the mission of the UW, as determined by the UW of North Central Iowa Board of Directors.
For more information, visit 2022 Community Impact Grants.