Do you work for or know of a Community Based Organization (non-profit) that works with youth? If so, this is the opportunity you may have been looking for.
Donor Name: Willamette Workforce Partnership
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Program
Size of the Grant: $2,000
Willamette Workforce Partnership (WWP) is the local workforce development board in Linn, Marion, Polk, and Yamhill Counties. They bridge the gap between youth, community organizations, and employers to build a robust workforce pipeline and ensure economic vitality across the region. Willamette Workforce Partnership champions a comprehensive, collaborative, system-wide approach and actively pursues investments in workforce development as a vital component of a strong economy. They oversee workforce services for individuals and businesses to ensure they are reliable, high-quality, and exceed customer expectations.
The purpose of this Request for Application is to build a strong pool of community-based organizations in the Willamette region that WWP can work with over the next year to recruit and refer hard-to-reach youth between the ages of 14-24 to Willamette Workforce Partnership’s Y-CAN workforce program.
Ideal respondents will demonstrate previous success with serving youth populations that meet one or more of the following:
- Communities of color,
- Rural Communities,
- Communities that have faced generational poverty,
- English Language Learners,
- Other communities have been historically underrepresented in youth employment.
Successful applicants for this grant will be paid $2,000 for each enrolled participant plus an additional $500 per participant to offer participant support.
- Willamette Workforce Partnership is seeking qualified organizations or entities to:
- Recruit and refer youth aged 14-24 to the Y-CAN program.
- Provide and monitor Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for youth referred to the Y-CAN program.
- Track the completion of referrals to the Y-CAN program.
- Perform ongoing check-ins with youth referred to the Y-CAN program, including when the youth are placed in paid work experience opportunities.
- Offer participating youth financial support such as gas cards, clothing, and tools as necessary.
For more information, visit WWP.