The Winnebago County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, is seeking grant applications to encourage endowment building for the long-term benefit of Winnebago County.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
County: Winnebago County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/01/2022
The Community Foundation’s main goals are to support Winnebago County and to attract additional funds to assist donors in creating lasting legacies through a variety of giving options within Winnebago County.
Areas of Foundation giving are:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Betterment
- Education and youth development
- Environment and animal welfare
- Human Service
What they Fund?
The Winnebago County Community Foundation provides grants to improve life in Winnebago County, Iowa. They want to help develop communities that people want to live in, as well as to benefit rural areas of the county.
Organizations must provide benefits to the people of the Winnebago County and must meet the following criteria in order to apply for a grant:
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a government entity. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible if and only if the project is deemed charitable.
- Be current with all state and federal reporting requirements, such as filing of 990 forms.
- Must not have any past due grant reports for previous WCCF grants.
For groups, projects, or initiatives that do not meet the above eligibility requirements, the Community Foundation will consider your requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity. The Foundation prefers that the fiscal sponsor’s mission closely align with the sponsored project. Fiscal Sponsors will be legally and financially responsible for any grant funds that are awarded by the Winnebago County Community Foundation
For more information, visit Winnebago County Grants.