Donor Name: Horizon Farm Credit
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Award
Size of the Grant: $10,000
This award program was created to honor outstanding farmer owner-operators within the diverse agricultural community who excel in their field. Selection of winners are based on their efforts in agriculture, financial character, leadership, community involvement, and environmental stewardship.
The program will offer up to ten $10,000 awards to the top ten contestants.
- Applicants must fit into at least one of the following categories:
- between 18 and 35 years of age
- minority operator
- veteran operator
- operate a small farm with annual gross ag income less than $250,000
- or a beginning farmer with at least two years of experience, but no more than 10 years of farming experience
- In order to be eligible, you must reside within Horizon Farm Credit’s territory.
- The applicant can apply as an individual or with a business partner.
- Current and non-Farm Credit customers are eligible to apply. You do not need to be a Farm Credit customer to apply.
- Each applicant may only apply for one award per year. Applicants will only be eligible for one competitive event or grant award during a 12 month period of time, and past winners are not eligible to reapply.
- Officers, Directors, and employees of the sponsor, Horizon Farm Credit, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, press/media representatives, and the immediate family members of these entities are not eligible to enter. Family means an individual and spouse and anyone having the following relationship to either: parents, spouse, son, daughter, sibling, stepparent, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandparent, grandson, granddaughter, and the spouse of the foregoing and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter.
- If you apply as a partnership and are selected as a recipient, the cash prize will be awarded to the primary applicant.
For more information, visit HFC.