The Landmarks Illinois Banterra Bank Preserve Southern Illinois Grant Program provides monetary assistance to preserve or rehabilitate historic structures along commercial corridors of Southern Illinois in order to support economic development.
Donor Name: Landmarks Illinois
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500-$2,500
Grants range from $500-$2,500.
Eligible beneficiaries of Preserve Southern Illinois grants are owners of significant structures located in or near a commercial corridor in the State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Development (DCEO) Southern Region.
- Commercial property owners, nonprofit organizations or governmental bodies working on a project in or near a commercial corridor are eligible applicants.
- Applicants must own the Eligible Structure, or have sufficient legal control of the Eligible Structure or Site to permit the Eligible Project to be completed and protected as required by Landmarks Illinois.
- Applicants must possess the capacity to manage the grant funds prudently and have the expertise to execute the Eligible Project in accordance with its approved conditions. An applicant that lacks one or both of these attributes must submit to the expertise of a pro bono Sponsor elected by Landmarks Illinois if, in its sole discretion, it offers to provide it.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek preservation protection for the Eligible Structure from local, state or national preservation organizations as applicable if not already protected.
- A follow-up report of the project is required to be submitted to Landmarks Illinois within a determined time period.
For more information, visit Landmarks Illinois.