Active SWV is offering Kids Run Club Mini-grant to schools all across West Virginia.
Donor Name: Active Southern West Virginia
State: West Virginia
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2022
Grants Size: $250
Active SWV’s Kids Run Club program is a free program designed to get kids active in a structured and safe environment either before or after the school day. Kids Run Clubs teach kids how to properly warm up and cool down their muscles before and after a workout, show them how to run and work towards a goal distance, and incorporate active games to keep exercise fun. Kids Run Clubs are led by volunteers and is based off the Kids Run Cub manual, a resource guidebook with all the materials and content needed to put together a successful Kids Run Club program. The purpose of the Kids Run Club mini-grant is to create an opportunity for more schools and community groups throughout West Virginia to offer kids a free way to be active and learn about how to keep their bodies healthy.
The Kids Run Club Grant Includes:
- Online Kids Run Club Coaches training to volunteers
- Manuals mailed to all coaches
- ASWV provides end of season shirts and medals
- Technical support from Active SWV throughout
- $250 Funding to spend on exercise equipment and/or other healthy items for the club
To receive the full benefits of the Kids Run Club Grant, you must:
- Offer the program for free to participants
- All participants fill out the Active SWV waiver
- Volunteers keep a roster and weekly attendance sheet to share with Active SWV
- Administer the pre and post surveys to the participants, and return them to ASWV
Any school or community group is West Virginia who would like to start (or continue) a Kids Run Club may apply. If you’ve been awarded a mini-grant in the past, you may apply again.
For more information, visit Active Southern West Virginia.