The Wood Family Foundation is accepting applications for its grant program to help support worthwhile community causes for generations of West Texans now and in the future.
Donor Name: Wood Family Foundation
State: Texas and New Mexico
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Since the formation of the Wood Family Foundation, over $9 million has been reinvested into their community to improve the lives of men, women and children. With major objectives focused on education and healthcare, the Foundation helps families, and Odessa, grow and prosper.
- At this time, the Wood Family Foundation giving is focused on Odessa, Texas and the surrounding counties of the Permian Basin.
- Applicant organizations must be determined by the Internal Revenue Service to be exempt from federal income tax. Applicants must provide a copy of their IRS Determination Letter of Ruling identifying their organization as exempt under section 501(c)(3) and exempt from Private Foundation Status under Section 509(a). Applicants who are exempt under a Government Municipality must also provide proof of such.
- Any major capital campaign seeking to raise $1 million or more must raise approximately one-half of the needed funds prior to application to the foundation.
- All requests from universities or colleges should be approved by the development office of the university or college and submitted to offices under a cover letter from the development office.
- The Foundation does not make loans or grants to individuals.
- The Foundation generally limits its giving to primarily educational and medical grants that provide benefits to the citizens of Odessa, Texas, and the surrounding Permian Basin area.
- Applicants must seek funding for the same proposal from various sources, as sole support of programs is rarely undertaken.
- Due to the number and magnitude of requests received each year, the Foundation cannot respond favorably to all requests. Thus, grants are made without any commitment for future support of operations or specific projects.
For more information, visit WFF.