BBB serving Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky established the Torch Awards as an annual awards program to publicly recognize local companies with practices that elevate their commitment to ethical business.
Donor Name: BBB Integrity Foundation
States: Kentucky, Tennessee
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Award
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/30/2022
The Torch Awards is designed to promote the importance of building trust and the willingness and efforts made by outstanding businesses to help contribute to an honorable marketplace.
BBB Torch Awards was established in 1998 as a way to celebrate local businesses dedicated to building trust through ethical practices with their staff, the community, their approach to marketing, and within their industry. But it’s more than just recognition for those that deserve it. It is a way to raise the bar of ethics and trust-building in the marketplace.
BBB’s Torch Awards spotlight companies in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky that represent praiseworthy ethical business practices throughout their marketplace.
The BBB Torch Awards for Ethics honors organizations whose leaders demonstrate a high level of personal character; ensure that the organization’s practices meet the highest standards of ethics; and consequently generate trust with its customers and the community. The Torch Awards embodies BBB’s mission of advancing business trust.
Being selected as a BBB Torch Award winner is an honor that includes the following recognition:
- Inclusion in a press release announcing Recipients and Finalists
- Announcements made via BBB’s social media channels
- Inclusion in BBB promotional media
- Lifetime use of the BBB Torch Award Seal (As long as winners maintain a “B” rating with BBB)
- Torch Award trophy presentation by BBB
- Website recognition
- Perpetual placement on Torch Award winners page (As long as winners maintain a “B” rating with BBB)
- Qualification to enter the 2023 International Torch Award for Ethics
- For profit and 501 (c)(6) applicants must have a ‘B’ rating with BBB
- Organization must be located within the BBB Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky service area
- Organization must have been in business for three years
- Applicants are not eligible if they have received the Torch Awards in the past five years
- Government agencies are not eligible to submit an application
BBB Accreditation is not required
For more information, visit BBB Integrity Foundation.