The Routt County Museum and Heritage Fund (the Fund) provides a Capacity Building Program (the Program) to improve the quality of services provided and expand the capacity of the museum and historic preservation entities in Routt County.
Donor Name: Routt County
County: Routt County (CO)
Type of Grant: Grant
Project Grants are designed to assist museums, non-profit groups, and heritage organizations in projects that document, preserve resources, research, collect, interpret, or exhibit Routt County history. Capital projects include, but are not limited to, the construction of buildings or additions thereto. Emergency repairs also qualify.
- Project grants are open to organizations including, but not necessarily limited to:
- Museums and historical societies
- Local prehistory and history groups
- Certified local governments
- Towns, cities, and counties
- Schools and colleges
- Project grants are intended to fund innovative projects that benefit the local area and that may serve as models for similar projects in other communities.
- Examples of eligible projects include conservation of museum artifacts, researching or writing a local history, preparing a slide or video presentation, collecting historic documents and photographs, developing tours and tour materials, collecting and transcribing oral history interviews, hiring consultants for specific projects, promoting the interests of historic preservation, and restoration and maintenance of historic properties.
- Projects should be well-defined and focused. Projects that further an organization’s long-range plans are especially favored. High priority will be given to projects that build community partnerships and involve the public.
For more information, visit Routt County.