The Missouri Foundation for Health is accepting applications for it Opportunity Fund to create impactful and sustainable change on significant health issues.
Donor Name: Missouri Foundation for Health
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Missouri Foundation for Health is building a more equitable future through collaboration, convening, knowledge sharing, and strategic investment. Working in partnership with communities and nonprofits, MFH is transforming systems to eliminate inequities within all aspects of health and addressing the social and economic factors that shape health outcomes. The Foundation takes a multifaceted approach to health issues, understanding that strategic initiatives, policy, communications, and research all play a role in creating lasting impact.
To eliminate underlying causes of health inequities, transform systems, and enable individuals and communities to thrive.
Their core values play an essential role in guiding all of their work and are integral for achieving their mission. They reflect who they are as an organization and what they strive for in all of their interactions, both internally and with the public.
MFH uses three funding mechanisms to implement strategy and accomplish their mission:
- Grants, which primarily benefit the grantee by furthering their own exempt purposes and programs. The majority of the target population served must be located within the MFH service area and applicants must be registered to conduct business and in good standing with the state of Missouri. The following types of organizations are eligible to seek grant funding from MFH:
- Organizations granted tax-exempt status under provisions of Sections 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- State or local government agencies, including educational institutions, and branches of the federal government serving Missouri
- Contracted services, which primarily benefit MFH’s grantees or strategy directly. Common examples of contracts for services involve hiring consultants to provide technical assistance to grantees or evaluation of a MFH programmatic strategy. Individuals, nonprofit organizations, and corporations are eligible to apply to a Request for Contracted Service Proposals.
- Program Related Investments, which consist primarily of low-interest rate loans to seed formation or growth of an organization or program which demonstrates mission and values alignment with MFH. Nonprofit organizations, corporations as well as coalitions and collaboratives are eligible to apply for consideration.
For more information, visit Missouri Foundation for Health.